November 17, 2021: Rittenhouse trial, Biden, Taiwan, New Hampshire, COVID boosters, Canada floods
Reuters, 17 Nov 2021
November 17, 2021: Rittenhouse trial, Biden, Taiwan, New Hampshire, Fauci on COVID boosters, Canada floods
1. The jury in the Wisconsin murder trial of Kyle Rittenhouse will deliberate for a second day, attempting to reach a consensus on whether to convict or acquit the teenager for killing two men and wounding a third during racial justice protests last year.
2. U.S. President Joe Biden said his administration's policy on Taiwan was unchanged and that the United States was not encouraging independence for Taiwan.
3. Fresh from signing his signature bipartisan infrastructure bill, U.S. President Joe Biden trekked to New Hampshire, a key state in the 2022 midterms, to tout the bill's benefits and revive the party's slumping poll numbers.
4. Top U.S. infectious disease official Dr. Anthony Fauci said it is possible for COVID-19 to be reduced to an endemic illness from the current health emergency next year if the country ramps up vaccination rates.
5. Floods and landslides that have killed at least one person have cut all rail access to Canada's largest port in the city of Vancouver, a spokesperson for the port said.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en