Saturday, Jul 31, 2021
Focus on the big picture

Ontario premier Doug Ford announces start of construction on new GTA long-term care home | FULL

CA, 16 Jul 2021
Ontario Premier Doug Ford announced Thursday that construction has started on a new long-term care home in the Greater Toronto Area.

The Runnymede Long-Term Care home, which the government expects will open in the summer of 2023, will offer 200 new long-term care spaces, the premier said.

Ford also announced a cash injection of $4.9 billion over four years, which he said would help in the hiring of 27,000 new staff, including personal support workers and registered nurses.

Earlier this month, the Ontario government loosened restrictions at long-term care homes allowing residents to have outdoor visits with up to 10 people at a time. The updated health orders also allow residents to meet indoors with up to two essential caregivers and two general visitors.

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca/news/8026560/fully-vaccinated-wont-need-covid-tests-to-enter-ontario-long-term-care/

Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews #LongTermCare #Ontario
Related Articles