October 4, 2021: Pandora Papers, Texas abortion ban, California oil spill, Democrats, Spain Volcano
Reuters, 04 Oct 2021
October 4, 2021: Pandora Papers, Texas, California oil spill, U.S. Democrats, La Palma volcano
1. A massive leak of financial documents was published by several major news organizations that allegedly tie world leaders to secret stores of wealth.
2. Women marched by the thousands on the Supreme Court, the Texas Capitol and cities across the United States to protest increasing state restrictions on abortion.
3. A large oil spill off the southern California coast left fish dead, birds mired in petroleum and wetlands contaminated, in what local officials called an environmental catastrophe.
4. Congressional Democrats face the hard work of paring back the White House's sweeping infrastructure and social agenda in the week ahead, but have yet to agree on a target size for their multi-trillion dollar spending bill.
5. A river of red-hot lava gushing from the Cumbre Vieja volcano on Spain's La Palma thickened, after the north side of the crater collapsed the previous night causing spectacular explosions, but authorities ruled out further evacuations.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en