Five stories to know for May 13: Israeli troops at Gaza border, Liz Cheney remains defiant, Colonial Pipeline, Elon Musk on Bitcoin and Tesla, and the COVID crisis in India.
1. Israeli troops massed at Gaza’s border and Hamas pounded Israel with rockets in intense hostilities that have caused international concern.
2. House Republicans ejected Liz Cheney from their leadership ranks as punishment for repudiating Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election, but she remained defiant and made plans to seek re-election to Congress.
3. After a six-day outage, Colonial Pipeline moved some of the first millions of gallons of motor fuels to East Coast states after throwing off a crippling cyberattack.
4. Tesla will no longer accept bitcoin for car purchases, Elon Musk said, citing long-brewing environmental concerns.
5. India recorded more than 4,000 COVID-19 deaths for a second straight day on Thursday, while infections stayed below 400,000 for a fourth day.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en