June 10, 2021: Trump's photo op, Northern Ireland, Infrastructure plan, Pfizer doses and COVID-19
Reuters, 10 Jun 2021
Five stories to know for June 10: Trump photo op, N.Ireland, Infrastructure plan, 500 mln Pfizer doses and COVID-19
1. A U.S. government watchdog released a report finding that federal police did not clear protesters from a park near the White House last summer so that former president Donald Trump could walk to a nearby church for a photo opportunity.
2. U.S. President Joe Biden will bring a grave Brexit warning to his first meeting with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson: Prevent a row with the European Union from imperiling the delicate peace in Northern Ireland.
3. Joe Biden plans to buy and donate 500 million doses of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine to more than 90 countries, the White House said.
4. A bipartisan group of 10 senators is trying to craft a plan to revitalize U.S. roads and bridges without tax hikes, lawmakers said.
5. An Indian state has raised its COVID-19 death toll sharply higher after the discovery of thousands of unreported cases.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en